Approved On: May 19, 2022
Effective On: June 27, 2022
- It is unlawful for any nonresident hunter who does not possess a valid Nonresident WMA Waterfowl Hunting Permit to take or attempt to take waterfowl during regular duck season on any WMA.
- Permits may be purchased for the following dates only:
- First 9 days of regular duck season.
- December 27 through January 5 Annually.
- January 21 through January 31 Annually.
- Each permit will allow the nonresident to hunt waterfowl on any WMA for up to 5 consecutive days. The desired hunting dates must be selected from the options available at the time of purchase and all selections are final. Permit purchases are nonrefundable and nontransferable to other persons, dates, or WMAs.
- This permit is in addition to hunting and/or guide license requirements as stated in Chapter 03.00. This permit must be in the person’s possession while taking or attempting to take waterfowl on any WMA.
- Former residents, who possess a Waterfowl Permit and a Resident Lifetime License for either hunting or combination hunting-and-fishing (Addendum D1.01) obtained prior to September 1, 2021, while a bona fide Arkansas resident (Code 01.00-C, RESIDENT), may hunt waterfowl on any WMA in compliance with Chapter 24.00 without a Nonresident WMA Waterfowl Hunting Permit and are not subject to the above date restrictions.
PENALTY: Class 2