Approved On: April 25, 2019
Effective On: April 25, 2019
- It is unlawful to possess native aquatic wildlife as pets except as follows:
- It also is unlawful to sell or purchase such wildlife or their progeny,or to release them into waters other than those from which they were collected.
- Alligator snapping turtles, hellbenders, Ouachita streambed salamanders, troglodytic (cave-dwelling) species or those animals defined as endangered species may not be taken.
- Legally obtained baitfish are exempt from the 6of each species per household provision.
- Commercial fish may be taken only in compliance with Chapter 30.00.
- Collecting in compliance with a scientific collection permit or other special use permit issued by the Commission.
- Permitted fish farms in compliance with Chapter 35.00.
- Licensed commercial fishermen in compliance with Chapter 30.00.
PENALTY: Class 1