Approved On: May 21, 2020
Effective On: June 7, 2020
It is unlawful to possess any medically significant venomous reptile after July 1, 2021, whether native or non-native to Arkansas, without obtaining a valid Venomous Reptile Permit issued by the Commission and complying with all permit requirements in Addendum F1.08. Persons who have submitted a permit application on or before July 1, 2021, may continue to possess existing stock while the application is being processed.
- Medically significant venomous reptiles may be transported through Arkansas in accordance with a valid Commission-issued Wildlife Importation Permit.
- No permit is required for native venomous reptiles being kept in accordance with Code 09.14.
- No permit is required for accredited members of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums.
- No permit is required for persons possessing native venomous reptiles captured in accordance with a Commission Scientific Collection Permit.
- No permit is required for persons possessing native venomous reptiles in accordance with a Commission Conservation Education Permit.
PENALTY: Class 3