It is unlawful for a commercial fisher to possess any of the following fish taken from waters of the state:
- Catfish or buffalo less than 16 inches in length; or
- Paddlefish or sturgeon of any size.
- Only 12-inch or longer blue and channel catfish may be taken in waters specified in Code 30.14.
- Only 16-inch or longer blue catfish may be taken by commercial gear in the Arkansas River from the Arkansas Highway 7 bridge in Yell County to the Oklahoma state line.
- Holders of a current resident Roe Taker/Seller Permit or Resident Roe Buyer/Exporter Permit in compliance with Codes 30.17 and 30.18 may possess paddlefish 37 inches or longer in Dardanelle and Ozark lakes of the Arkansas River; 36 inches or longer in the open portion of the Arkansas River, including tributaries, below Dardanelle Lock and Dam, downstream to the Yancopin railroad bridge on the Arkansas River and downstream to Norrell Lock and Dam on the Arkansas Navigation Canal; 35 inches or longer in the Mississippi River; and 34 inches or longer for all other waters open to paddlefish harvest or sturgeon when in season. Paddlefish shall be measured from the front of the eye to the fork of the tail with the fish laid flat on a rule.
- Sturgeon harvested from the waters legal for harvest must be at least 21 inches long, measured from the tip of the snout to the fork of the tail.
PENALTY: Class 2