It is unlawful to buy or export across the state line paddlefish or sturgeon, or their parts, including eggs (roe), without a current Resident Roe Buyer/Exporter Permit or Nonresident Roe Buyer Permit, as applicable. Permitted commercial fishers who hold current Resident Roe Buyer/Exporter Permit may also take paddlefish and sturgeon in compliance with applicable season, size, and tackle regulations.
- In compliance with Code 25.02.
- Permitted fish farmers in compliance with Code 35.10.
- Paddlefish and sturgeon meat may be purchased only from permitted roe taker/sellers and roe buyer/exporters in compliance with Code 30.02.
- Paddlefish and sturgeon meat and/or roe can be transported by an authorized representative of a legally permitted resident buyer/exporter if accompanied by a bill of lading or bill of sale, indicating the name and permit number of the authorizing resident buyer/exporter and including the species, number of pounds of roe or meat per species, and if being sold, the name of the purchaser. A true bill of lading or bill of sale must accompany the shipment to the final destination.
- Paddlefish, sturgeon, or their meat (excluding eggs or roe), may be purchased for personal use without purchasing either a Resident Roe Buyer/Exporter Permit or Nonresident Roe Buyer Permit in compliance with this code.
PENALTY: Class 3