Approved On: May 19, 2022
Effective On: June 27, 2022
Boats and boat motors shall comply with the following restrictions on certain WMAs:
- Boats with outboard motors of more than 25 horsepower or surface-drive motors of more than 37 horsepower and air boats may not be operated on Dr. Lester Sitzes III Bois d’Arc (excluding Dr. Lester Sitzes III Bois d’Arc Lake),George H. Dunklin Jr. Bayou Meto, Shirey Bay Rainey Brake (excluding Shirey Bay, HorseshoeLake, and Hill Slough during non-hunting activities ), and Steve N. Wilson Raft Creek Bottoms WMAs.
- No boat motors allowed on Frog Bayou WMA.
- Boat motors over 10 horsepower are prohibited on St. Francis National Forest WMA.
- Boats with motors greater than 50 horsepower and airboats may not be operated on waters on Henry Gray Hurricane Lake WMA during duck season (Addendum B1.08).
- Airboats may not be operated on waters on Bell Slough, Beryl Anthony Lower Ouachita (excluding Ouachita River), Freddie Black Choctaw Island WMA and Deer Research Area (both units, excluding Mississippi River), Cut-Off Creek, Cypress Bayou, Ed Gordon Point Remove, Earl Buss Bayou DeView, Galla Creek, Harris Brake (excluding Harris Brake Lake), Holland Bottoms (excluding Tommy L. Sproles Lake Pickthorne), Mike Freeze Wattensaw, Petit Jean River (excluding Petit Jean River and Kingfisher Lake), Seven Devils, Sheffield Nelson Dagmar, Sulphur River (excluding Sulphur River and Mercer Bayou) and Trusten Holder (excluding Arkansas River, Arkansas Post Canal, Merrisach Lake, Moore Bayou, and Post Lake) WMAs during duck season (Addendum B1.08).
- On Maumelle River WMA all boating activities and trespassing is prohibited in the Restricted Area Zone 1 on the east end of Lake Maumelle as marked by buoy line. The Unrestricted Area Zone 2 covering the central and western portions of Lake Maumelle is open to boating and fishing. The use of air boats, aquaplanes, surfboards, motorized surfboards, wind-powered surfboards, personal watercraft, water skis, rafts, or other similar devices or vehicles on any part of Lake Maumelle is prohibited. Canoes and kayaks may only be operated in that portion of Lake Maumelle west of the Arkansas Highway 10. That portion of Lake Maumelle lying north of Arkansas Highway 10, east of Arkansas Highway 10 bridge and west of the Restricted Area Zone 1 buoy line is not open to boats less than 14 feet in length.
- Effective September 1, 2023, factory-installed or factory equivalent exhausts are required for all boat motors on Bell Slough, Beryl Anthony Lower Ouachita, Big Lake, Camp Robinson, Cypress Bayou, Cut-Off Creek, Dave Donaldson Black River, Dr. Lester Sitzes III Boid d’Arc, Earl Buss Bayou De View, Ed Gordon Point Remove, Frog Bayou, Galla Creek, George H. Dunklin Jr. Bayou Meto, Harris Brake, Henry Gray Hurricane Lake, Petit Jean, Rex Hancock Black Swamp, Seven Devils, Steve N. Wilson Raft Creek Bottoms, Sheffield Nelson Dagmar and Shirey Bay Rainey Brake WMAs. Outboards motors must not be ported (e.g. holes drilled) to allow exhaust to evacuate above the water line at any point during operation.
EXCEPTION: Boating activities by Central Arkansas Water Utility and U.S. Geological Survey personnel engaged in the performance of their duties are allowed in the Restricted Area Zone 1 of Lake Maumelle.
PENALTY: Class 1