Approved On: April 25, 2019
Effective On: April 25, 2019
- Archery equipment is limited to the following:
- Compound bow, crossbow, longbow and recurve bow. Longbows and recurve bows with a draw weight of 35 pounds or more.
- Crossbows with functional mechanical safety device and a draw weight of 125 pounds or more.
- It is unlawful to hunt wildlife with any of the following archery tackle:
- A longbow or compound bow with a draw weight of less than 35 pounds;
- A crossbow without a functional mechanical safety device or with a draw weight of less than 125 pounds;
- Arrows with an arrowhead width of less than 7/8 inch when open;
- Arrows or arrowheads containing poisons or chemicals;
- Arrowheads containing firearm ammunition;
- Arrows propelled from a compressed air system; or
- Arrows propelled by the action of an explosive or combustible propellant.
EXCEPTION:Small game may be hunted using arrowheads less than 7/8 inch in width.
PENALTY: Class 1