The following conditions shall be met to qualify for and maintain an Aquatic Turtle Farmer/Dealer Permit or Alligator Snapping Turtle Breeder/Dealer Permit:
- An Aquatic Turtle Farmer/Dealer Permit is required if turtles are held in captivity (e.g. in ponds, impoundments, tanks, etc.) for any length of time.
- A site plan must be provided with the permit application, including legal and physical descriptions of all facilities, and a sketch map showing the location and approximate size of all facilities (ponds, impoundments, tanks, etc.) used to hold or propagate aquatic turtles.
- All sites shall be inspected and approved by Commission personnel prior to issuance of a permit.
- All facilities (ponds, impoundments, tanks, etc.) used to hold or propagate aquatic turtles shall be fenced and maintained in such a manner as to prevent the egress of captive turtlesand ingress of wild stock (see Addendum J1.02 for Approved Species for Commercial Culture of Aquatic Turtles).
- Facilities shall be subject to random inspection by Commission personnel.
PENALTY: Class 3