The following conditions shall be met to qualify for and maintain an Aquatic Turtle Farmer Permit, Aquatic Turtle Dealer Permit, or Alligator Snapping Turtle Breeder/Dealer Permit.An Aquatic Turtle Dealer Permit is required if wild-caught turtles are held in captivity (e.g. in ponds, impoundments, tanks, etc.) for any length of time. From January 1, 2019to December 31, 2021, no more than 150 permits total per year will be issued in combination between Aquatic Turtle Dealer and Aquatic Turtle Harvester permits.
- A site plan must be provided with the permit application, including legal and physical descriptions of all facilities, and a sketch map showing the location and approximate size of all facilities (ponds, impoundments, tanks, etc.) used to hold or propagate aquatic turtles.
- All sites shall be inspected and approved by Commission personnel prior to issuance of a permit.
- All facilities (ponds, impoundments, tanks, etc.) used to hold or propagate aquatic turtles shall be fenced and maintained in such a manner as to prevent the egress of captive turtlesand ingress of wild stock.
- Facilities shall be subject to random inspection by Commission personnel.
- Permittees shall follow all transaction and reporting requirements for harvest of wild-caught turtles in compliance with Code 34.07.
PENALTY: Class 3