- It is unlawful to operate motorboats or vessels or manipulate any similar device on any Commission-owned or -controlled WMA or on any NWR as follows:
- Weaving through congested vessel traffic;
- Jumping the wake of another vessel too close to such other vessel;
- Operating a vessel when visibility is obstructed;
- Moving at a speed that exceeds the safe and reasonable limits under the circumstances or that creates a hazardous wash or wake upon approaching or passing vessels;
- Inattentive operation;
- Failure to keep a proper lookout;
- Failure to observe navigation rules;
- Colliding with, striking, or bumping another vessel, object, or person;
- Operating while intoxicated or under the influence of any narcotic drug, barbiturate, or marijuana or while under any physical or mental disability so as to be incapable of operating safely under the circumstances;
- Swerving at the last possible moment to avoid collision where correction reasonably could have been made earlier;
- Otherwise operating a vessel in a manner that endangers life, limb, or property;
- Impeding the normal and reasonable movement of boating traffic, except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with the law of regulations;
- With the exception of meeting oncoming boats, all boating traffic must proceed in single-file with no passing allowed, except limited passing may occur (i) when boats have exited the current direction of travel or are no longer under power, or (ii) when an overtaking boat is capable of passing without coming closer than 100 feet to another boat and at a rate of speed that will not create a hazardous wash or wake; or
- All boating traffic on the WMA or NWR must maintain a minimum distance of 100 feet (approximately 6-boat lengths) between boats proceeding in the same direction of travel.
- It is unlawful to negligently engage in any of the prohibited acts listed in subsection (A) above on any Commission-owned or -controlled WM Aor on any NWR.
- It is unlawful to recklessly or intentionally engage in any of the prohibited acts listed in subsection (A) above on any Commission-owned or -controlled WMA or on any NWR.
For negligent operation: Class 2
For reckless or intentional operation: Class 3
In addition, any person convicted of a violation of this regulation will be prohibited from entering upon all WMAs for a period of 1 year from the date of conviction.