It is unlawful to release native or non-native aquatic wildlife, including their eggs, into the waters of the state without the written permission of the Chief of Fisheries of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission and in compliance with AGFC Code Chapter 35.00 and Addendum Chapters I1.00, J1.00, and V1.00. Importation of live, wild caught fish prohibited.
- Aquatic species may be immediately released back into the waters from which they were taken.
- A person may, while fishing in waters of the state, use baitfish as bait in compliance with Code 26.18, 26.19, and 26.27.
- A person who has obtained a valid Trout Stocking Permit from the Commission Chief of Fisheries (Addendum Chapter V1.00) may release trout and trout eggs into waters of the state in compliance with the terms of the permit.
- A permit is not required for stocking fish and fertilized fish into public waters as part of an officially coordinated project with the Arkansas Game and FIsh Commission with written authorization from the Chief of Fisheries.
- A person may stock approved farm-reared species obtained from a Commission-permitted fish farm, fish dealer, or independent hauler, into privately owned single landowner confined/impounded waters, and privately owned multiple landowner confined/impounded waters without written permission, in compliance with Addendum Chapter I1.00 and Addendum J1.03, provided the landowner has legal right of access to said waters and the said waters are not deemed public waters.
PENALTY: Class 2