Approved On: May 19, 2022
Effective On: June 27, 2022
- It is unlawful to use or possess the folllowing while hunting any migratory game birds:
- Lead shot larger than No. BB (.18 inches in diameter);
- Non-toxic shot larger than No. T (.20 inches in diameter); or
- Any firearm other than a shotgun incapable of holding more than 3 shells in the magazine and chamber combined. Shotguns requiring plugs must be plugged with a 1-piece filler which requires disassembly of the firearm for removal.
- It is also unlawful to use or possess the following while hunting waterfowl:
- Any shot other than steel, tungsten-iron, tungsten-iron (Hevi-Steel), tungsten-polymer, tungsten-matrix, bismuth-tin, tungsten-iron nickle-tin (TINT), tungsten nickel iron (Hevi-Shot), tungsten-bronz (TBI), tungsten-tin bismuth (TTB) or such shot approved as non-toxic by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service pursuant to 50 CFR 20.21.
EXCEPTION: In compliance with Code 23.05.
PENALTY: Class 2