Approved On: Oct. 15, 2020
Effective On: Jan. 1, 2021
It is unlawful to take, attempt to take, or possess paddlefish or sturgeon, or their parts, including eggs (roe), from waters of the state from midnight April 10 – sunrise November 20.
- Permitted resident roe buyers/exporters and permitted nonresident roe buyers may possess processed roe only with proper reports of transactions described in Code 30.19.
- In compliance with Code 25.02.
- Permitted fish farmers in compliance with Code 35.10.
- Sturgeon may be taken midnight November 15 – sunrise May 1.
- Roe takers are required to use only multifilament nets from sunrise November 20 – midnight December 5, and from sunrise March 2 – midnight April 10, in the Arkansas River below James W. Trimble Dam.
- It is unlawful to possess for commercial purposes any nets other than 3½-inch mesh or 6-inch or larger mesh while fishing for paddlefish in the Arkansas River above Dam 2 during the paddlefish season.
PENALTY: Class 3