- Archery equipment is limited to the following:
- Compound bows, longbow and recurve bows with a draw weight of 35 pounds or more.
- Crossbows with a functional mechanical safety device and a draw weight of 125 pounds or more.
- It is unlawful to hunt wildlife with any of the following archery tackle:
- A longbow, recurve bow, or compound bow with a draw weight of less than 35 pounds;
- A crossbow without a functional mechanical safety device or with a draw weight of less than 125 pounds;
- Arrows with an arrowhead width of less than 7/8 inch when open;
- Arrows or arrowheads containing poisons or chemicals;
- Arrowheads containing firearm ammunition;
- Arrows propelled from a compressed air system;
- Arrows propelled by the action of an explosive or combustible propellant;
- Blow guns or dart guns; or
- Longbows, compound bows or crossbows capable of firing or holding ready-to-fire more than one arrow or bolt simultaneously or in succession without the string being re-cocked between shots.
- Small game may be hunted using arrowheads less than 7/8 inch width.
- Equipment defined in Code 6.04(B)(9) may be used during the modern gun season for bear, deer, elk and turkey.
PENALTY: Class 1