It is unlawful to use or possess fiddler-size hoop nets or slat-type fish traps in any waters of the state other than those specified below:
- Arkansas River, including all impoundments, from the mouth of the Mississippi River to Arkansas/Oklahoma state line.
- L'Anguille River from the mouth of the St. Francis River to the point of origin.
- Little River from its mouth to the Corps of Engineers boat ramp on the west side of Little River below Millwood Dam.
- All waters of the Mississippi River bounding Arkansas.
- Red River from the Louisiana state line to the Oklahoma state line.
- St. Francis River from the mouth at the Mississippi River to the Missouri state line in Clay County.
- Old Town Lake in Phillips County.
- White River from Interstate 40 bridge to its mouth: slat traps only may be used. Fiddler-size hoops are prohibited.
- All lakes, bays or other bodies of water, other than tributary streams, connected to waters specified, when accessible by boat from the main channel.
- Bay Ditch, (Cross, Poinsett, and Craighead counties) from its mouth upstream to U.S. Highway 63 in Craighead County.
- St. Francis Floodway Diversion Ditch from its mouth upstream to U.S. Highway 63 in Poinsett County.
- Cypress Bayou (Whiskey Chute) in Phillips County (slat traps only).
- Sulphur River from the mouth of the Red River to the Texas state line.
- Boeuf River from the mouth to the point of origin.
- Fiddler-size hoop nets are prohibited in the Arkansas River from the Arkansas Highway 7 bridge in Yell County to the Arkansas/Oklahoma state lineand in Old Town Lake in Phillips County.
- Slat traps may be fished from noon September30-noon June 1 in Millwood Lake and year-round in Little River above Millwood Lake to the Oklahoma state line.
PENALTY: Class 2