It is unlawful to use any slat-type fish trap or fiddler-size hoop net in public waters listed in Code 30.13 other than as specified below:
- Maximum slat trap length -- 6 feet.
- Maximum round slat trap diameter -- 24 inches.
- Maximum square trap width and height -- 24 inches.
- Minimum of 7, 1½-inch (width) by 3½-inch (length) unobstructed slots evenly spaced around perimeter of the rear portion of catch area. Slat material must be wood or plastic.
- Fiddler net mesh of any nonmetallic thread or filament material of nylon or cotton with minimum square bar mesh size 1½-inches with thread size not less than 15 gauge and wings or leads are prohibited.
- In compliance with Code 30.04.
PENALTY: Class 2