- It is unlawful to offer for sale or to sell live baitfish in a retail bait shop in Arkansas without a Retail Bait Dealer License (Resident or Nonresident). A license is required for each separate business location. Game fish may not be taken from the wild and sold, except in compliance with Code 26.20.
- Permit holders must comply with Code 26.27 regarding Arkansas wild caught baitfish and health certificate requirements when importing farm reared baitfish from an AGFC permitted fish farm, fish dealer, or independent live hauler (Resident or Nonresident).
- It is unlawful to import live wild caught baitfish. Farm reared baitfish must be reared from egg to harvest and obtained from an AGFC-permitted Fish Farmer, Fish Dealer, or Independent Hauler.
- Baitfish may be sold at the permitted aquaculture facility where grown in compliance with Code 35.01.
- Marine and tropical fish commonly distributed in the aquarium trade may be sold without special permit, as long as they are held permanently in closed aquarium systems and not otherwise prohibited.
PENALTY: Class 1