View Regulation with History
Previous Parent Next
Approved On: April 25, 2019
Effective On: April 25, 2019

It is unlawful to take, sell, or possess paddlefish or sturgeon, or their parts, including eggs (roe), without a current Resident Roe Taker/Seller Permit. A Commercial Fishing License is required to purchase a Resident Roe Taker/Seller Permit.


  1. A person with a Resident Roe Taker/Helper Permit may harvest or assist in the harvest of paddlefish or sturgeon when in the immediate presence of a permitted roe taker/seller. The holder of a Roe Taker/Seller Permit or Roe Buyer/Exporter Permit shall be responsible for supervising the actions of the person using the Roe Taker/Helper’s Permit.
  2. Sportfishermen in compliance with Code 25.02 may take and possess,but not sell,paddlefish.
  3. Permitted fish farmers in compliance with Code 35.10
  4. Paddlefish and sturgeon meat may be sold to individuals only for personal use as long as a bill of sale containing the name and permit number of the authorized harvester, species, total pounds of meat received, and the name of the purchaser accompanies the meat.
  5. Paddlefish and sturgeon meat and/or roe can be transported by an authorized representative of a legally permitted resident roe taker/seller if accompanied by a bill of lading or bill of sale indicating the name and permit number of the authorizing resident taker/seller and including the species, number of pounds of roe or meat per species, and if being sold, the name of the purchaser. A true bill of lading or bill of sale must accompany the shipment to the final destination.

PENALTY: Class 3

Previous Parent Next