It is unlawful to take, sell, or possess paddlefish or sturgeon, or their parts, including eggs (roe), without a current Resident Roe Taker/Seller Permit. A Commercial Fishing License is required to purchase a Resident Roe Taker/Seller Permit.
- A person with a Resident Roe Taker/Helper Permit may harvest or assist in the harvest of paddlefish or sturgeon when in the immediate presence of a permitted roe taker/seller. The holder of a Roe Taker/Seller Permit or Roe Buyer/Exporter Permit shall be responsible for supervising the actions of the person using the Roe Taker/Helper’s Permit.
- Sportfishermen in compliance with Code 25.02 may take and possess,but not sell,paddlefish.
- Permitted fish farmers in compliance with Code 35.10
- Paddlefish and sturgeon meat may be sold to individuals only for personal use as long as a bill of sale containing the name and permit number of the authorized harvester, species, total pounds of meat received, and the name of the purchaser accompanies the meat.
- Paddlefish and sturgeon meat and/or roe can be transported by an authorized representative of a legally permitted resident roe taker/seller if accompanied by a bill of lading or bill of sale indicating the name and permit number of the authorizing resident taker/seller and including the species, number of pounds of roe or meat per species, and if being sold, the name of the purchaser. A true bill of lading or bill of sale must accompany the shipment to the final destination.
PENALTY: Class 3