Approved On: April 25, 2019
Effective On: April 25, 2019
It is unlawful for a commercial fisherman to possess any of the following fish taken from waters of the state:
- Catfish or buffalo less than 16 inches; or
- Paddlefish orsturgeon of any size.
- Only 12-inch or larger blue and channel catfish may be taken in waters specified in Code 30.13.
- Holders of a current resident Roe Taker/Seller Permit or Resident Roe Buyer/Exporter Permit in compliance with Codes 30.17 and30.18 may possess paddlefish 37 inches or longer in Dardanelle and Ozark lakes of the Arkansas River; 36 inches or longer in the open portion of the Arkansas River below Dardanelle Lock and Dam, downstream to the Yancopin railroad bridge on the Arkansas River and downstream to Norrell Lock and Dam on the Arkansas Navigation Canal; 35 inches or longer in the Mississippi River; and34 inches or longer for all other waters open to paddlefish harvest or sturgeon when in season. Paddlefish shall be measured from the front of the eye to the fork of the tail with the fish laid flat on a rule. Catfish and sturgeon harvest in the Mississippi River must be in compliance with Code 30.22.
- Sturgeon harvested from the waters legal for harvest must be at least 21 inches from the tip of the snout to the fork of the tail.
- 16-inch minimum size limit on blue catfish taken by commercial gear in the Arkansas River from the Arkansas Highway 7 bridge in Yell County to the Oklahoma state line.
PENALTY: Class 2