Approved On: April 25, 2019
Effective On: April 25, 2019
- It is unlawful to use any tackle for commercial purposes other than properly licensed tackle in waters open to commercial fishing as specified below:
- Slat traps (where permitted by Code 30.13);
- Hoop nets, leads, heart and leads or wings with minimum square bar mesh size -- 2½ inches when wet and with thread not less than 15 gauge;
- Fiddler nets (where permitted by Code 30.13) with minimum square bar mesh size -- 1½ inches when wet. Thread size not less than 15 gauge. Wings or leads prohibited;
- Commercial fish seines with minimum square bar mesh size -- 3½ inches;
- Commercial gill and trammel nets with minimum square bar mesh size -- 3½ inches;
- Limb lines,set lines, trotlines, and snaglines, which must be run daily and catch removed.
- It is unlawful to possess for commercial purposes any nets other than 3½-inch mesh or 6-inch or larger mesh while fishing in the Arkansas River above Dam 2 during the paddlefish season.
EXCEPTIONS: In compliance with Codes 35.01 and 35.04.
PENALTY: Class 2