View Regulation with History
Previous Parent Next

It is unlawful to hunt or trap on a WMA without first obtaining and complying with the terms of the required permit (Codes 20.16,20.17, and Addendum ChapterC1.00) and as specified below:

  1. An Access Permit is required on Bald Knob, Big Lake, Cache River, Felsenthal, Holla Bend, Overflow, Pond Creek, and Wapanocca NWRs, Crossett Experimental Forest WMA, and Poison Springs WMA.
  2. A Leased Land Permit is required for persons 16 years and older to camp, hunt, or trap wildlife on Big Timber, Casey Jones, Cherokee, Gum Flats, Howard County, Jack Mountain, Jim Kress, Lafayette County (except no permit is required to camp), Lake Greeson (no permit is required for mobility impaired hunters hunting during the mobility impaired permit hunt) and Provo Leased Lands WMAs.
  3. A Special Use Permit is required to camp, hunt, fish, or operate an ATV on Dale Bumpers White River NWR.
  4. A WMA General Use Permit is required for persons 16 years and older to hunt or trap on any WMA.
  5. A special permit from the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers is required for any person to participate in the youth deer or mobility impaired waterfowl permit hunt on DeGray Lake WMA.

EXCEPTION:A WMA General Use Permit is not required to hunt or trap on inholdings.


For violation of (A), (B), (C), or (E): Class 1

For violation of (D): Prohibition from entering upon Commission-owned WMAs for a period of 1year

Previous Parent Next