It is unlawful for a person, other than a youth 6to 15 years of age, to hunt deer during the special youth modern gun deer hunt (Addendum A1.01). During these hunts either sex may be taken. A doe may be taken without a WMA doe quota permit during designated youth deer hunts only. These are not bonus deer and will count toward the seasonal bag limit (Codes 15.01,21.02,21.03).
- WMAs requiring a WMA deer hunt permit are closed to the special youth modern gun deer hunt (Codes 06.03,21.02).
- In compliance with applicable regulations, hunters 6to 15years of age may harvest deer using archery tackle during archery and crossbow season (Addendum A1.01(A)).
- In compliance with Addendum C1.01.
- Commission-registered deer camps that participate in the Deer Management Assistance Program (DMAP) and receive deer management tags.
- Private Land CWD Management Tags.
- Hunters not mentoring youths may harvest deer using archery tackle during applicable season.
PENALTY: Class 1