Approved On: April 25, 2019
Effective On: April 25, 2019
It is unlawful to hunt elk with:
- Muzzleloading firearms smaller than .50 caliber;
- Shotguns smaller than 20 gauge;
- Shot for shotguns other than slugs;
- Archery tackle that is not in compliance with Code 06.04;
- Conventional straight-wall case handgun calibers smaller than .41 caliber (.410) or bottleneck-case handgun calibers smaller than .24 caliber (.244/6mm);
- Modern firearms smaller than .24 caliber (6mm);
- Modern firearms that are not centerfire;
- Modern firearm ammunition with bullet weight less than 100 grains in compliance with Code 06.11; or
- Air rifles.
In compliance with Code 05.19.
PENALTY: Class 1