It is unlawful to use tackle for taking or attempting to take crayfish from waters of the state except other than as specified below.
- Seines not in excess of 50 feet long and 4 feet in depth with square mesh with a minimum opening of 1/2 inch.
- Square traps or lifts not exceeding 6 feet by 6 feet by 3 feet in depth.
- Round traps not exceeding 3 feet in diameter and 6 feet long with throat size of 2.5 inches.
- Plastic or wire mesh minnow traps with throat size of not more than 2.5 inches.
- Hand-operated dip nets or lifts with up to 1 inch square bar mesh used to take legal baitfish for personal use while in the act of sport fishing day or night.
A person using tackle must clearly label the tackle in a durable manner with the person’s name and address, driver’s license number, AGFC customer identification number, or current vehicle license plate number.
PENALTY: Class 1